Friday 1 August 2014

Super Gooey Chocolate Brownies


Happy Friday to you all! It dawned on me last week that I haven't actually shown you guys my favourite baked treat before. They have been featured on a guest post over on the lovely Lizzie's blog but I've never put them on my blog. As they are my favourite thing to bake and by far my favourite thing to eat, I had to share the recipe with you guys.


 I mentioned last night on Twitter that there's nothing more satisfying than having a tin full of homemade brownies. As I'm writing this post, I am so tempted to sneak downstairs and have another one, I will try and refrain from doing so as it's just gone 11pm. If I don't just cut them up and eat them straight away, I put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, they come out all gooey, warm and chocolatey, like they have just come out of the oven.


I made brownies in my Minnie Mouse Silicone cake mould last week and they were super adorable, I posed a picture of those on Instagram if you fancy a look! However, that didn't turn out to be very practical as it involved baking four individual brownies, so it took about three hours in total. Some of the brownie also got stuck inside so all but one kind of failed. I usually just bake them in a square baking tin, as shown above. I line the tin with greaseproof paper and leave two flaps at either side so it's super easy to lift out of the tin when they come out of the oven. As you can see here, I had to use tin foil this week as I forgot to buy greaseproof paper, it worked fine too though! This recipe makes about 12 portions and I promise you after trying this once, it will be your go to brownie recipe!



Ingredients:

300g caster sugar
3 eggs
200g dark chocolate
200g butter
70g plain flour
1tsp baking powder

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper and grease the rest of the tin with butter. 

2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs.

3. In a second bowl, break the chocolate into small chunks, cut the butter into cubes and microwave until melted. Do this in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each to make sure you don't burn the chocolate.

4. Once slightly cooled, add the chocolate mixture to the first bowl. Stir in until everything is completely combined. 

5. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold in gently. Try not to stir the mixture. 

6. Pour into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. I find that the trick of putting a knife into cakes to see if they're cooked doesn't really work with brownies as you want them to still be slightly gooey inside. So bake until the edges start to come away from the sides of the tin. 

I hope you'll all give these brownies a go and be sure to tweet me if you do. Happy baking! 



5 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I love brownies, especailly with ice cream and raspberries! Might have to treat myself and bake these :) p.s I love your blog, keep up the good work! Chloe http://www.chloe-meandme.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy! I'll definitely have to give this recipe a go! I've also nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here's the link to the post in which I have tagged you in, answer my questions if you'd like and pass on the tag :) http://little-sunday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html
    Charlie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I am drooling right now. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brownies have to be one of my favorite things to bake, always so easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good! Desperately want some brownies now! :)

    www.hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete