Sunday 3 August 2014

The Perfect Sunday



I must admit, I've never been the biggest lover of Sundays. Not until I started working weekends that is. Since this Sunday, probably as you're reading this, I am going to be at work, I thought I'd tell you a few of my favourite things to do on a Sunday, a weekend or just a day off.

Walks 
With the pup and the boy. This is one of my absolute favourite things ever, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. There's nothing better than getting away for the afternoon with your favourite people and usually a picnic in our case.

Lazing About
Luckily, I did have last Sunday off work so the boy and I took to the couch armed with our duvet, lots of goodies and a laptop and that is where we remained for the duration of the day. We watched "Monty Python Live (Mostly)" and You've Got Mail. If you've never seen Monty Python before, I would highly recommend that you spend  your Sundays watching all of them because they are the most stupid, most hilarious thing you will ever watch and it is wonderful. 

Baking 
I don't think this will come as I surprise to any of you but I love to bake. If there's ever a day when I can spend the whole day baking, I will usually experiment and try new recipes. Sometimes they don't always work out so at least I know I will have time to bake an old trusty favourite.

Organising 
I left this one until last because I feel like it may be a bit of a weird one. On Sundays, I like to sit down with my notebook and plan out the week ahead. I'm one of those people that when they have too much going on in their head at once it just gets very full and I begin to feel quite overwhelmed. It's good for me to write out what my plan for the week is, maybe some meal planning and blog posts. 

So there you go, just a few of my favourite things that occupy my Sundays. I hope you've all had a wonderful week & you're enjoying your Sunday. What are some of your favourite weekend things? 








5 comments:

  1. Aww your dog is so cute :) I think my favourite thing to do on weekends is just relax and go with a friend to get a coffee and just sit down and talk.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and the husband love going on hunts for vintage stuff at weekends - yardsales, estate sales anything we can come across. Sometimes we pop to the cinema too, do the chores of food shopping and gardening but always fit in lots of TV and beer haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all good ways to make my weekend perfect! I do like going for breakfast or brunch too :)

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basically all I do on sundays is gallivant around my house and reading blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love baking, adore your recipes. I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award over on my blog if you wish to take part and find out more head over to: http://thoughtsbyvanessa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/my-liebster-blog-award.html :)

    Lots of love, Vanessa @ http://thoughtsbyvanessa.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete